Florida Crops and Products
What’s in Season Now?
Fresh is best! Consumers around the world look for and value the “Fresh From Florida” label. Knowing when items are in season is the key to knowing what to look for when shopping.
Why eat seasonally? Eating fresh local produce when it is in season offers a variety of benefits including: products are fresher and tastier; nutritional value of products is optimized; it encourages a diverse diet; it is often more economical; and it harmonizes with nature’s production cycle.
If you would like to print out a list of Florida agricultural products that are being harvested this month, click the link under the image at the right. Add the products to your grocery shopping list and enjoy fresh Florida produce at its peak. These Florida items should currently be available in your grocery store; if you don’t see these items, ask your store manager.
Typical Harvest Times
The grid below shows when most major crops are typically harvested in Florida throughout the year. The blue shaded areas represent months of availability. Weather conditions can affect the harvest schedule.
|Florida Crops Seasonal Availability|
|Learn More About Florida Tropical Fruits|
|Atemoya||Avocado, Florida||Banana, Specialty||Canistel|
|Jackfruit||Kumquat||Lime, Tahitian/Persian||Lime, Florida Key|
|Sapote, Black||Sapote, Mamey||Sapote, White||Wax Jambu|
- "Fresh From Florida" Produce Shopping List for May (PDF)
- DACS-P-01332 Florida Produce Seasonal Availability Chart (PDF)
- DACS-P-01333 Florida Herbs Brochure (PDF)
- DACS-P-01334 Florida Tropical Fruits Brochure (PDF)
- DACS-P-01337 Cooking Conversion Guide (PDF)
- DACS-P-01546 The Florida Chef's Flavorful Seasons Cookbook, in English (PDF)
- DACS-P-01546 The Florida Chef's Flavorful Seasons Cookbook, in Spanish (PDF)
- DACS-P-01385 Florida Fruit and Vegetable Brochures, Set of 6 in English (PDF)
- DACS-P-01625 Florida Fruit and Vegetable Brochures, Set of 6 in Spanish (PDF)
Contact Us About Seasonal Availability of Florida Crops
Division of Marketing and Development
Bureau of Development and Information
The Mayo Building
407 South Calhoun Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0800
(850) 617-7331 Fax